Oceania Cruises announces signature spa experiences for Marina’s Canyon Ranch SpaClub
Oceania Cruises and Canyon Ranch have announced signature spa offerings on board the new, 1,250 guest, luxury cruise ship Marina, which is scheduled to debut in January 2011. Highlights of the 10,000-sq.-ft. Canyon Ranch SpaClub® include over fifty innovative and harmonious spa treatments and therapies, a thalassotherapy pool, thermal suite and fitness centre, and Spa Cuisine menu choices in the Grand Dining Room and Terrace Café that are both nutritious and created with the highest gourmet standards.
“We are so pleased to bring the world-renowned Canyon Ranch wellness experience to our guests,” stated Bob Binder, Oceania Cruises’ president. “The signature treatments offered on Marina perfectly complement the Oceania Cruises’ brand.”
A Twist on Traditional Treatments
Marina’s Canyon Ranch SpaClub will feature nearly 50 treatments and therapies, each customised to guests’ needs. Signature services include:
- Canyon Stone Massage, an 80-minute massage employing smooth, rounded basalt stones that are gently heated. The weight and radiant heat of the stones, combined with a calming essential oil, penetrates muscle tissue and induces deep relaxation without overheating, persuading even the tightest muscles to let go.
- Ageless Oxygen Boost, a 50-minute facial applying a pressurised oxygen system that infuses a skin-specific cocktail of rejuvenating hydrators, essential vitamins, botanicals, antioxidants and amino peptides.
- Ocean Scrub, a 50-minute exfoliating body treatment that cools the skin on contact. Antibacterial essence of laurel opens the lungs while spirulina intensely hydrates. Dry brushing with organic Dead Sea salts stimulates the lymphatic system, while an application of biodynamic honey and Red Flower Ocean essential oil leaves skin supple and calm.
- Organic Seaweed Body Wraps, choice of a 50- or 80-minute treatment utilising hand-harvested seaweed from the wild northwest coast of Ireland. Ideal for detoxifying, firming and softening the skin.
Asian therapies focused on restoring balance to the body and spirit will also be showcased, including Thai Massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology and Acupuncture. Ayurveda, an ancient Indian tradition, will also be featured in the SpaClub’s Abhyanga Massage.
Integrated Fitness and Wellness Approach
The fitness centre on board Marina will feature a full circuit of Technogym strength-training machines and a Kinesis Wall, an innovative system offering a free range of natural movement to improve balance, flexibility and strength. Technogym equipment equipped with heart-rate monitoring and individual LCD-TV screens will also be featured in the cardiovascular area.
When guests are not training on their own, they can utilise Canyon Ranch fitness experts who will lead daily group and private fitness sessions and provide assessment for basic fitness and nutrition counselling. Specialised wellness services include Yamuna® Foot Fitness class offering simple techniques that improve the alignment and flexibility of hard-working feet. The SpaClub’s Performance Orthotics Assessment is a computerised assessment of the way a person walks following by a fitting of custom-designed orthotics.
For centuries, moving water and temperature variations have provided rejuvenating and healing effects. A Thermal Suite and adjacent thalassotherapy pool are designed to bring balance and restoration to the mind and body. Ideal following a workout or prior to a massage, the Thermal Suite is comprised of an aromatic steam room, Finnish sauna and Experiential Rain experience, which features invigorating, multi-sensory cooling showers with three variations of water pressures and temperatures.
Incorporating elements such as airbed recliner lounges, neck fountains, deluge waterfall, air tub and body massage jet benches, the thalassotherapy pool combines the therapeutic benefits of salt water and massage allowing guests to unwind and feel the power of flowing water unknotting tired muscles. The thalassotherapy pool is located on a private sundeck.
Canyon Ranch chefs also worked with Oceania Cruises’ award-winning culinary team to create Spa Cuisine selections for the Grand Dining Room and Terrace Café that are both nutritious and created with the highest gourmet standards. At 66,000 tons and carrying 1,250 guests, Marina features an array of stylish bars and lounges and 10 dining venues – six of which are open-seating, gourmet restaurants – including Jacques, the first restaurant at sea for Chef Jacques Pépin. Other highlights include a Bon Appétit Culinary Centre, Owner’s Suites furnished exclusively in Ralph Lauren Home, and a grand stairway custom-crafted by renowned French glass master, Lalique.
Featuring 20% bonus savings on our already amazing Launch Offer fares, free gratuities AND$1,000 shipboard credit per stateroom this is a truly exceptional offer.
- Bonus Savings of already reduced Launch Fares
- Free Gratuities
- $1,000 shipboard credit (per stateroom)
|Concierge Level Veranda||£4,400||£2,943|
|Deluxe Ocean View||£3,734||£2,410|
Prices are cruise-only per person, based on two people sharing in lead-in grades and include all fees and taxes. Offer is not combinable with groups and does not apply to Oceania, Vista and Owners Suites