Ponders is pleased to announce a new partnership with Fairwaves the golf cruise and golf holiday specialists
Well-travelled and experienced golfers, Fairwaves have been organising holidays for couples, singles and groups for over five years. In particular, they have specialised in golf cruises which is a very popular way of playing different courses in different ports of call. “The most popular destination is the Caribbean for a golf cruise, where there are some fantastic golf courses on many of the islands”, says Kirstine Mayall of Fairwaves. “It is during our winter when most golfers want to escape from the wet and frozen fairways in the UK and the Caribbean is the perfect destination for this.
“We now are able to broaden our appeal by tailoring a range of
‘Cruise plus stay-and- play-golf’ selections and other golf holidays throughout the world, so that you can play golf in exotic destinations and in addition take in the cultural delights and sights the world has to offer .
Working with Ponders Travel, we can offer you the type of tailored holiday that you have always wanted, so perhaps you are looking for something in particular? A hotel with all inclusive or a villa off the beaten track, perhaps a holiday that is full of adventure and sightseeing or something a little more relaxed and indulgent. And you want to decide how much or little golf you play. Then this is exactly what you are looking for.
“Having played golf extensively all over the world, we can bring our expertise to Ponders and combine it with their over 25 years of travel experience and first-hand knowledge of many worldwide destinations. With their ability to tailor holidays to suit you this really is the perfect partnership.
Kirstine continues. “As keen golfers, we know what is expected from our clients with regard to a great golf experience, and we can cater for all levels of ability.”
To whet your appetite, here are some fabulous holiday’s ideas that we will be offering:
- Cruise along the River Douro Europes hidden gem and then play at some of the superb courses that Portugal has to offer.
- Stay for a week’s golf in stunning Costa Rica followed by a week on board the magnificent tall sailing ship the Star Flyer. You will get to play some wonderful golf, in a perfect climate, and see the natural beauty of Costa Rica both on board your tall ship and on land. This is a superb way of exploring this amazing country as the unique handling of the Star Clipper Fleet allows them to reach smaller or more rarely visited anchorages, giving the grand sense of exploration often missing from modern travel.
- Enjoy a week’s golf in Barbados followed by a week on board the majestic Royal Clipper. There is a great choice of golf in Barbados and you sail to some of the other islands in complete luxury. Royal Clipper is a perfect marriage between the romance of historic seafaring and the modern comforts of a truly top notch cruise ship. When you see Royal Clipper under full sail, it is an amazing sight, like stepping back in time!
- A week’s golf in Puerto Rico followed by a luxury cruise. There are excellent golf courses in Puerto Rico and plenty of sightseeing and wildlife. What an exquisite holiday when you combine that with a SeaDream cruise.
- Play golf at Mission Hills or Sanya in China, followed by a cruise in the Far East from Hong Kong. With Culture and tradition around every corner immerse yourself in the delights of the Far East.
With Ponders and Fairwaves together the possibilities for your golfing holiday are endless.
To book please visit http://www.fairwaves.co.uk or call Kirstine on 01276 25511 quoting Ponders