1). Understand that the whole city is very spread out so you will need to travel quite a bit to see everything
2). Hollywood – walk the miles of pavements that have the stars names embedded, see if you can spot your favourite.
3) Visit the old Chinese Theatre. One of the most popular sights in Hollywood, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre is best-known for the hand- and footprints that are laid in the front. Great photo opportunity here with a link to your favourite star. This theatre is also one of the most beautiful and best-preserved of the movie palaces from Hollywood’s golden era. With its Chinese theme and gold-and-red decor, the interior often upstages the films on the screen.
4) Take the Hollywood Stars tour. A two hour trip is another great opportunity to take lots of photos. The Hollywood sign in the hills is the most famous! You also get a comprehensive and informative tour around Beverley Hills and Rodeo Drive – famous for shopping for the rich and famous. Very expensive area!!! And lots of posh cars!
5). Take a day out to Universal Studio’s. Our favourite was the full studio tour ride. An hour long interesting and thrilling ride
6) Hotels – We loved the Millennium Biltmore. A very grand hotel with a lobby and Reception area that is so beautiful and to be honest made you feel like a film star as you arrive. However, the rooms were large but bathrooms a little tired. (Ask for bottled water on arrival)
7) Use Uber. The city is very spread out, and everywhere is a good half an hour distance. We did use the Subway and this was fine, but obtaining tickets a little confusing. We then changed to Uber and this was so easy and in fact so cheap over there. Highly recommend.
8) Visit Downtown LA and get to see the Pantages, the Bradbury Building, Grand Central Market and the Broadway Theater District.
9). City hall – this area is worth a visit – The iconic City Hall is a beautiful historic preserved building Here at its best.
10) Why not visit Staples Center, home of the Los Angeles Lakers, The Los Angeles Kings and the Los Angeles Clippers, draws millions of people attending sporting events, concerts and other special events every year.
11) (one extra for luck) LA Observation Deck – If you are looking for an amazing view of LA or a free stop in the city then you really should check out the Observation Deck at the top of LA City Hall. This deck provides a 360 degree view of the city and helps you to get above it to give you a new appreciation.