The beautiful island of Saint Lucia captivates any visitors to her, from her majestic Pitons to the lush rainforest, not to mention the gorgeous beaches, you really are set for a holiday of a lifetime!
I visited Saint Lucia for the first time in 2019, it was my first time visiting the Caribbean and I was definitely not disappointed. In total I visited 8 hotels on the island ranging from family resorts to honeymoon destinations. Whether you wish to fly and flop or immerse yourself in all the island has to offer, there really is something for everyone.
A personal favourite hotel of mine was the BodyHoliday, located in the north of the island and set on its own private beach. The resort has one of the best spas in the world and really does offer a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday with its unique focus on wellness. During your stay you can enjoy a spa treatment (already included in your cost) on each full day of your holiday and these can be pre-booked before you arrive at the resort. As well as the spa treatments, the vast majority of activities are included in your stay, ranging from cycling and beach sports to fitness classes. Of course, there is no pressure to do any of these, if you just want to lie on the beach or by the pool and enjoy some great food, it’s also perfect!
Top 10 places to visit in St Lucia
- Visit Pigeon Island National Park, the 44-acre landmark on the northwest coast of the island. From is panoramic views of the surrounding area, there is a wide range of activities to endure while you are visiting! From hiking to the top of Fort Rodney to visiting the Military ruins to Sea Adventures, there really is something for all ages!
- The Sulphur Springs located on the island is the only dive in volcano in the world! The Soufriere Volcano is considered dormant, it hasn’t erupted in over 200 years so it is very popular for is mud baths. It is a fantastic detox for your body, it is known to help heal sunburn, eczema and arthritis. The tour itself explores the volcano, mud baths and finishes with a natural rainforest bath in the spectacular waterfall!
- Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens, nearby to the Sulphur springs offers an incredible collection of tropical flowers, nourished by the volcanic soil. Offering trails through the incredible flora and fauna, the gardens highlight has to be the Diamond Waterfall which is one of the most vibrant waterfalls in the Caribbean.
- Hiking the Tet Paul Nature Trail is definitely worth doing, it’s an easy to moderate trail and great for families or couples! It takes approximately 40 minutes to reach the top, it is definitely worth the view!
- St Lucia is home to some of the best spas in the world so why not indulge in the relaxation while you are on the island. Some fantastic hotels also have their own unique spa experience including Sugar Beach A Viceroy, The BodyHoliday and Jade Mountain where spa treatments are bought to you in your very own infinity pool!
- The pitons are St Lucia’s twin towering peaks, both over 700m high, formed by volcanic activity around 250,000 years ago. Visit the majestic pitons, with many tours available, whether you wish to climb the pitons or be taken to a panoramic view point. The village of Soufriere offers some stunning view, particularly from the Tet Paul Nature Trail.
- Marigot Bay, the setting of 1967 film Dr Doolittle is the most stunning bay on the island! Surrounded on three sides by the luscious forested hills bodes the landmark known for battles between the British and the French. Although not visible from the main road, the white sand beach, palm trees and translucent waters host the home for stunning hotels and luxury yachts.
- Snorkelling and scuba diving is a must-do when visiting the island. The clear secluded bay of Anse Cochon, accessible on a day trip via boat is one of the best spots on the island. Another great spot is the marine national park at Anse Chastanet, with coral reef harbours and a beautiful sheltered beach with a breath-taking view of the pitons.
- Sail on the Caribbean Sea at sunset. Wonderful for the romantics, watch the sunset from the deck of a catamaran and sip away your drink of choice! The stunning views of the west coast
- Whether you are looking for restaurants with stunning views, romantic ambience or a relaxed location, you really are spoilt for choice! Some top picks on the island are the panoramic views of the Caribbean sea at Jade Mountain, a perfect spot for lunch on the beach at the Naked Fisherman and for an authentic Caribbean cuisine, Orlando’s is a must visit!
Good to Know
Read the basic information and also some fun facts about Saint Lucia! Here you will find everything you should know…